Fresh Frozen Tissues
Fresh Frozen Tissue Collection
All fresh frozen tissue samples are collected under IRB approval by certified medical pathologists.
Tissues are snap-frozen in liquid nitrogen within 30 to 60 minutes of surgery excision.
Standard sample weight is 0.5 – 1.0 gram.
Samples can be collected/embedded in Optimal Cutting Temperature (OCT) media upon request.
Tissues are stored in vapor-phase liquid nitrogen (-190°C).
Frozen tissues are never allowed to thaw after initial freezing.
Fresh frozen tissue specimens are collected under a strict Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Quality Control (H&E staining and RNA analysis) is performed on 100% of collected tissue samples.
Only tissues with an RNA Integrity Number (RIN) of 7 or higher are provided to clients.
Unless indicated (for special cases, or custom collections) all frozen tumor tissues have at least 60% tumor content.
From excision to storage to shipment, each specimen is handled with care and precision to ensure that the highest quality specimens are delivered to our customers.
Fresh Frozen Tissue Collection Formats
Our human tissue specimens are offered in several formats to meet the needs of biomedical researchers in various areas of clinical research:
Individual Tissue Specimens
- Individual snap-frozen tissue samples, diseased or normal.
Matched Tissues and Fluids
Matched Tissue Pairs
- Fresh frozen diseased/tumor and normal adjacent tissues from a single donor
- Paired fresh frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues from a single donor
- Fresh frozen diseased/tumor and metastatic tissue samples from a single donor
Quad Tissue Sets
- Fresh frozen and FFPE tumor and normal adjacent tissue samples from one patient.