Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Tissues
FFPE Tissue Collection
All formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue specimens are collected under IRB approval by certified medical pathologists.
Tissues are fixed in 10% Neutral-Buffered Formalin (NBF) within 30 to 60 minutes of surgery excision.
Tissues are fixed for 18 – 24 hours at room temperature, then embedded in IHC-grade paraffin.
Standard sample size is 1 x 1 x 0.5cm, but can vary based on the nature of the disease or tissue type.
The fixation agent and embedding media can be customized upon request.
FFPE tissues are stored at room temperature.
Standard-sized FFPE tissues can yield at least 500 x 4-5µm cuts.
FFPE tissue specimens are collected under a strict Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Quality Control (H&E staining) is performed on 100% of collected FFPE tissue samples.
Unless indicated (for special cases, or custom collections) all FFPE tumor tissues have at least 60% tumor content.
Each FFPE block is accompanied by detailed clinical and pathological information
- Sample ID#
- Histological diagnosis
- Grade (G1-G4) of Differentiation**
- TNM Staging**
- Biomarker status (ER, PR, Her2, PSA, etc.)**
- Location of distant metastasis**
- Number of analyzed lymph nodes**
- Number of positive (metastatic) lymph nodes**
- Tumor size**
- Date of surgery/autopsy
- Treatment history**
- Other relevant/available clinical information
**Available if applicable
From excision to storage to shipment, each specimen is handled with care and precision to ensure that the highest quality specimens are delivered to our customers.
FFPE Tissue Collection Formats
Our human tissue specimens are offered in several formats to meet the needs of biomedical research:
Individual Tissue Specimens
- Individual FFPE tissue samples, diseased or normal.
Matched Tissues and Fluids
Matched Tissue Pairs
- FFPE diseased/tumor and normal adjacent tissues (NAT) from a single donor.
- Paired FFPE and fresh frozen tissues (diseased/tumor or normal) from a single donor.
- FFPE diseased/tumor and metastatic tissue samples from a single donor.
Quad Tissue Sets
- FFPE and fresh frozen tumor and normal adjacent tissue samples from one patient