Tissue Microarray (TMA)
ProteoGenex provides custom-designed Tissue Microarrays (TMAs) for target expression and biomarker analysis in diseased, normal adjacent, and normal tissues.
ProteoGenex constructs each TMA using carefully selected donors’ FFPE tissues.
- Our pathologists analyze each tissue’s morphology prior to tissue core removal.
- Core sizes offered are 0.6mm, 1mm, and 2mm.
- Cores are removed from an area that best represents the tissue’s pathology.
- Cores are carefully transferred and embedded into each TMA block.
- TMAs feature from 35 cores per block (2mm) up to 300 cores per block (0.6mm).
- Tissue identities are recorded and mapped for every core in a TMA block.
- A detailed map is provided with each TMA block, linking each tissue core to its corresponding clinical information.
- TMAs are supported by corresponding clinical information and pathology reports.
We can provide TMAs from a wide range of normal and diseased tissues.
- Where available, we can provide TMAs constructed from FFPE tissue samples with up to 5 years of follow-up information.
TMA blocks can be cut and prepared as slides.
- H&E images can be provided for every 10th slide.
- Each TMA yields approximately 150 x 5µm cuts.
- Slides are not available for individual purchase, as each TMA block is custom-made.
Tissues are anonymized to protect patient identity, but when needed, cores can be traced back to their parent donor for additional tissues/specimens.